Sharing Some Love For Peppermint Oreos
One of the sweet perks, (and I mean literally for this post) about being a blogger is the opportunity to try new products and share my experience with all of you. So, when I was asked if I wanted to try the New Peppermint flavored Oreo’s that are available only at Food Lion stores this holiday season, I said, ” Ahhhh….YES”! I have personally always been a big fan of Oreo cookies & peppermint candies, so I can see why they blended these two together. Below, is a picture of just a few of the chocolate, peppermint, and delicious cookies that were sent to me from Oreo.
I also received a cool Peppermint-Oreo Cookie Ball recipe to try, and below are the ingredients that I needed.
And, here is how my Peppermint-Oreo Cookie Balls turned out!
I have to tell you, that this was the easiest cookie recipe that I have ever made. I couldn’t believe that these cookie balls literally tasted like expensive truffles that you can only buy in an upscale candy shop. My hubby & teen kids were also super fans, and I had to keep telling them to get out of the kitchen, because they were eating them all up. 🙂
By they way….my cookie balls don’t look as perfect as some of the others I have seen, because I dunked & sunk them in as much chocolate as I could, and loaded the crushed peppermint candies all over. Now, that’s my kind of sweets….big, bold, & plenty of peppermint pow!
Here is the full Peppermint Cookie Ball Recipe, & I hope you enjoy these as much as I do.
- 1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 pkg (15.25 oz) OREO Cookies with Peppermint Cream, finely crushed (run them through a food processor for best results)
- 1 pkg (4.25 oz) semi-sweet baking morsels
- 1/2 bag starlight mints or a few candy canes, finely crushed
- Mix cream cheese and crushed Oreos until very well blended.
- Use a spoon to scoop out balls and round them with your hands.
- Place in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Place cookie sheet in the freezer for at least 15 minutes (this will allow them to firm up and make the coating process much easier)
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted.
- Working quickly, coat cookie balls with chocolate. Use 2 forks to help ensure that they get coated well.
- Place coated balls back on the wax paper and sprinkle with crushed starlight mints/candy canes.
- Return Oreo cookie balls to the refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to completely firm up.